Sunday, August 5, 2012

Motivation: Choose to be a Driver

        
     Driving starts off fun when we are young. No matter if we are opening the door to a Honda, Corvette, Ford Explorer, or Mustang; it is the enthusiasm that derives just being able to put the key into the ignition. It is a hobby that every kid look forward to and every adult accept as a daily routine. But, the risk of driving is taken lightly daily. Driving requires calmness, patience, concentration, good decision-making, and observation. Nevertheless, one must be patient and wait on his/her turn at the 4- way stop. Patience is also required as one wait on the traffic light to turn green before proceeding.
                A driver holds 100% responsibility while driving. A driver must be knowledgeable of various gears, park, drive, reverse, and neutral. He/She must know when to stop, go, and yield. In addition, a driver must know how to drive in different weather conditions. Drivers must know how to dodge potholes, prevent skidding during ice storms, and drive slowly while in school zones.
                As human beings, we rather be passengers than drivers. Therefore, the responsibility of driving is passed along to someone else. Yet, what is learned when passing along responsibilities? What has been learned from an experience that you haven’t truly experienced, but witnessed? How can you handle similar situations as the driver when you choose to be a passenger? Overall, I have learned to be a driver in life in which I choose to take upon the responsibility of making decisions and seek ways for my goals to be achieved. I may become grouchy and frown because of all I have to go through as a driver. As a driver, I have realized that there are times when I have to yield because the time may not be right for certain things to take place. As a driver, I have learned to put my actions in drive and reverse when needed. I have learned to drive my way through all the negative comments in life. During professional racing, it is the driver who is responsible for reaching the finish line in a timely manner. Finally, I have learned to dodge the obstacles that are likely to cause setbacks as much as possible. What will you choose to be the driver or passenger?Be a Driver!

No comments:

Post a Comment