Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Poetry: He Lives

Have you ever wondered do God really lives? Well, I hope this poem will provide some insight for you. Many events in our lives take place and we become overcomers as well as conquerors. Knowing that the situation was too big for us to handle, we begin to just be thankful that we ovecame the situation. But, have we really taken the time to sit and think how there was some supernatural power needed for us to overcome the situation.


He lives and sits on his throne above like the clouds sit in the sky.  Like a squirrel lying dead in the middle of the street, I could have died.  I don’t know how my mind is being kept for I should be like a psycho seeking to do harm. Instead, like an angel covering me with his wings, he widely opens his arms;


Covering me with a shield, like a soldier is covered with armor for war, I should be like an alcoholic, seeking expensive drinks daily at the bar;


I have been through the wilderness like Moses for 40 days and 40 nights; I’ve been lost like an unknown traveler, but he assisted me with his glorious light.  For I know he is not dead, in fact, he rose on the third

day like self-rising flour; he is alive and I can call on him any second, any minute, even in the midnight hour;

 

Events in life are like friends that go and come, come and go.  He saved me from the pit, called “Sheol.”  Death knocked at my door like a postman with a certified letter; he has been with me through the hot, cold, gloomy, rainy, and stormy weather.  He protects me like a cat protects her kittens and a dog protect her pups.  Oh yes, he lives each and every day because I feels his steadfast love.  He never treated me like a baby; around my neck, there’s no bib—but he trained me like a soldier for war, yes, he lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment