Monday, December 17, 2012

Poetry: Ole Dark Days



This poem, "Ole Dark Days" from Inspirational poems for the Storms by Tamarah Mack is to encourage someone that we don't have to settle for the dark days that may appear in our life. Dark days may consist of :

·         Oppression

·         Depression

·         Grief

·         Unhappiness

·         Disappointments

For every event of darkness, at some point we will soon begin to see the light shine. Be inspired, encouraged, and uplifted.

Darkness surrounds me in every direction I turn
the dark clouds are hovering over my head, for
the Savior, I yearn; I cry out because my help is
beyond the hills.  I cry out hoping my voice reaches
where the Savior lives;

I cry out because I need to see the light and sunshine.
My Savior, I still praise thee in the midst of these dark times; ole dark days are just here for a short period of time—please remove the darkness and give me a peace of mind;

It is so dark till I don’t know whether to turn left or right.  It aggravates me when the days appear to be night; I am tossing and turning and I can’t even sleep, while lying down, blackness is all that I see;

I am walking through the tunnels and valleys trying to find my way, for the Almighty is the only one who can diminish these ole dark days.

No comments:

Post a Comment